Friday, April 1, 2011

Raagi-Beetroot Dosa




I tried to experiment a little with the raagi powder that I had in large amounts. I got a lot of this powder from India and wanted to use it for making Ambali and Raagi Sangati. I learnt these two from my mother in law and would post them soon as summer is approaching! I was wondering what else could you do with raagi powder and when I hit this question on the search engine, I got lot of options. I picked the idea of trying dosa and then thought why not change the color by adding beetroot. This is very simple and yummy. I prepared Palak paneer the same day, so we enjoyed the dosa with palak paneer for the dinner!

Ingredients:

2 cups Raagi powder
salt
oil
green chilly
1 beet root
1 onion
1 carrot
cilantro
water

Note: It is not mandatory to use all the vegetables mentioned, if you don't add green chilly, you could add the chilly powder instead.

Method:

1. Mix the ragi powder and water accordingly in a container and add required amount of salt to it.

2.Next, add the chopped onion, green chilly and cilantro.

3. Now, add the grated beetroot and carrot. This gets dominated with reddish color if you add more amount of beets. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.

4. Heat a pan, add some oil and spread this mix onto the pan.

+1(IDEA)
You could add bell peppers or cabbage or any other vegetable of your choice.

No comments: